Making Every Contact Count (MECC)
Buckinghamshire Council offers FREE Making Every Contact Count (MECC) training. MECC is available to anyone in Buckinghamshire working or volunteering in:
MECC is an approach to behavior change. MECC can be used in the millions of day-to-day interactions that organisations and individuals have with the public.
MECC supports people in making positive changes to the following:
- physical health
- mental health
What does the training cover?
- Define what is Making Every Contact Count
- Learn about the key principles of MECC
- Discuss how conversations about health can fit into your everyday life
- Deliver an overview of the behavior change theory. Understand how to apply a simple behavioral change approach to day-to-day interactions
- Give you skills and confidence to have healthy conversations
Who is it for?
MECC training is for any organisation and/or individual who has contact with the public. You will have an opportunity to support health and wellbeing.
It has been delivered to a range of workforces already, including:
- allied health professionals
- youth services
- school staff
- housing teams
- library staff
- nurses and midwives
- social care staff